ICAN is the New York State Ombudsprogram for people with Medicaid long-term care services. We assist New Yorkers with enrolling in and using managed care plans that cover long-term care services, such as home attendant services or nursing home care.
Our services include:
- Private, one-on-one counseling about health insurance options through:
- Our toll-free telephone helpline — (844) 614-8800
- In-person appointments at one of our 50 meeting sites around New York state
- In-person appointments at your home, if you have difficulty traveling or communicating by phone
- Live Chat through this website
- Educational sessions for consumers and caregivers
- Professional training for social services organizations
- Educational material provided through this website
All of our services are free and confidential. We are not connected with any health insurance plan.
ICAN is a program of Community Service Society of New York, a non-profit organization in New York City, and is funded by the State of New York. ICAN began operations in December 2014.