ICAN is the New York State Ombudsprogram for people with Medicaid who need long term care or behavioral health services. We assist New Yorkers with enrolling in and using managed care plans that cover long term care or behavioral health services.
Our services include:
- Private, one-on-one counseling about health insurance options through:
- Our toll-free telephone helpline — (844) 614-8800
- In-person appointments at one of our meeting sites around New York state
- In-person appointments at your home, if you have difficulty traveling or communicating by phone
- Live Chat through this website
- Educational sessions for consumers and caregivers
- Professional training for social services organizations
- Educational material provided through this website
All of our services are free and confidential. We are not connected with any health insurance plan.
ICAN is a program of Community Service Society of New York, a non-profit organization in New York City, and is funded by the State of New York. ICAN began operations in December 2014.